North London has a high population of people active and effective in the climate space and through setting up EcoCounts and EcoCore, I've crossed paths with many of them. We could bring them together for a one-day event on a Saturday or Sunday after Easter and get them to input their finest advice on how EcoCounts can go about engaging and keeping its participants for its carbon footprinting and sustainability group.
Here's a first draft of things to do to that end:
- read up on people's assembly techniques and examples, potentially hire a professional facilitator
- list all potential subjects & topics to cover & then prioritise
- funding - what can we use from the NL Together for the Planet money to entice maximum attendance? Location, food, guest speaker?
- approach councils to send attendees - sustainability, climate officers etc
- list organisations in area to send out invitation letter to, pref. named individuals
- how to organise attendees - eventbrite? mailing list?